Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Welcome to T-Shirt Keepsakes!


HI! This is me and my hubby. We love t-shirts! Our favorite brand is probably Life is Good for their cute images, but we also like many others. In fact, we mostly wear t-shirts and jeans as we love the simplicity and comfort. You know how it is with that, though - you tend to favor certain t-shirts over others and pretty soon, your most favorite ones wear out. What do you do? Do you toss it? Donate it? Stuff it in the bottom of your drawer because you can't wear it,but can't bear to part with it either? I understand how easy it is to develop memories and fondness for those favorite shirts and so we came up with a way to preserve them without losing them forever.


One day, hubby's favorite Life is Good shirt had just had all it could stand and he didn't want to throw it out. It depicted a cute image of their main character Jake sitting by a campfire with a tent in the background. Hubby asked if there was a way I could preserve it and frame it so we could hang it in our den to always be enjoyed because he really liked the image on the shirt. I disappeared into my craft room and later came out with the perfect thing. Later, I went shopping and found a frame and then hubby hung it on the wall in our den where we spend most of our time and now we can enjoy the t-shirt all the time. It has become quite the little conversation starter when family and friends come to visit. They want to know where I bought it and how can they get one. When we tell them it was an old t-shirt, they can't believe it. Since I am a stay at home Mom for our two children and wish to help support our income, we decided to take the next step and offer this service to everyone.


I will be posting the t-shirts I have preserved for my family and for my customers here on this blog. Please email me with a request and I will put together a quote for you. After your quote is approved, I will provide payment information and the address you can send your t-shirt(s) too. Each T-Shirt will be uniquely preserved and framed - ready to hang in your favorite room. What a great conversation starter and a real piece of original art! Don't leave your favorite worn out t-shirts in the bottom of your dresser drawer anymore! Let me make it a memory to share. This would make a great gift and a unique way to even preserve those sweet little shirts we buy for our babies that they eventually outgrow. I believe in holding onto precious things for sentimental reasons, but I want to be able to see them all the time rather than have a box full of stuff. I am really excited about this and am looking forward to creating your perfect T-shirt Keepsake!

Thanks!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mitzi,
This is your long and far away Aunt Sharon in Fountain Hills, AZ. I am impressed about your way too cute and very cool idea--"WELCOME to T-Shirt Keepsakes!" Very clever and original. I am rarely ever home to see what's in my 'fridge let alone drawers, but I will find something as, I, too, LOVE the brand: "LIFE IS GOOD!" and have several of their T-shirts, hats, etc. so again, I congratulate you on your new venture and will pass on your post and look for my faves! Until then, take care and be well....

Love,
Aunt Sharon and Kitts